Last Wednesday, we hosted the first edition of ConsensusFactory: Decentralized Reflections on Consensus, a new virtual event that brought together speakers from different blockchain ecosystems to talk about the scalability strategies each of their projects are pursuing.
- “Welcome to ConsensusFactory” - Marko Vukolić, Protocol Labs
- “ABCI++: Evolving Tendermint’s Modularity” - Sergio Mena, Informal Systems
- “Data availability commitments with distributed reconstruction thanks to 2d KZG commitments” - Dankrad Feist, Ethereum Foundation
- “Hydra: Next Generation State Channels” - Arnaud Bailly & Sebastian Nagel, IOHK
- “Hierarchical consensus: A horizontal scaling framework for blockchains” - Alfonso de la Rocha, Protocol Labs
- “Speculative Smart Contracts in the Algorand Blockchain” - Victor Luchangco, Algorand
The day closed with a panel bringing together some of the speakers and the audience, and appropriately titled “Decentralized Reflections on Consensus”. You’ll find the full playlist here, and each talked linked from the list above.
If you can’t get enough of consensus, note that the submission deadline for ConsensusDay 22 has been extended to 1 July. There is still time to submit and join us in November at ACM CCS 2022 in Los Angeles. See you there!